Platform is committed to protecting personal information and being transparent about what information we hold and for what purpose.
● We will only ever ask for what we really need to know.
● We will collect and use the personal data that you share with us transparently, honestly and fairly.
● We will always respect your choices around the data that you share with us and the communication channels that you ask us to use.
● We will put appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data that you share.
● We will never sell your data.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information. We may update this Notice from time to time so please check it regularly. If there are any significant updates we will inform those people with whom we are in regular contact. By using our website you accept the conditions set out in this Notice.
Who we are
Platform London works on arts, education, research and campaigning on issues of climate justice. Platform is a company limited by guarantee no. 2658515 and a registered charity no. 1044485.
How we collect personal information
What data we collect and why
We need your personal information to undertake our campaigning, research and educational activities, and to comply with our legal and fiduciary duties. We will keep a record of our relationship with you, we may seek your views, we may contact you to see if you would like to support Platform’s activities further.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. We will not use your personal data for activities where the impact on you overrides our interests (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Some examples of the type of information we may collect and hold about you include your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, IP (internet protocol) Address.
How your information is used
We may use your information to:
- keep a record of our relationship with you
- seek your views on the work of Platform
- send you updates about Platform’s work where we are permitted to do so
- invite you to contribute to Platform’s work
- internal monitoring
- comply with applicable laws and regulations and requests from statutory agencies.
Who has access to your information
Your information is only accessible by staff and, where appropriate, trustees and other Data Processors (such as our accountants) who are bound by appropriate policies and procedures to protect your information.
We do not sell your personal information under any circumstances. We may sometimes share your information:
- with our trusted service providers (for example, contractors) who are authorised to work on our behalf and who are subject to contractual obligations
- if you have agreed that we may do so
- if we run an event in partnership with other named organisations and your details need to be shared. We will make it clear what details we need and why
- as required or permitted by any law (for example, with HMRC).
Protecting your data
We ensure that there are appropriate technical controls in place to protect your personal data including protection from misuse and unauthorised access. For example, our network is protected. Special category data is treated with additional protections internally.
Platform uses Google Enterprise to store data. This data is hosted within the EU.
We use a third party online client management system called Highrise, which is owned by Basecamp. The data is hosted in multiple locations.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your details on record for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity and then for a period afterwards as determined by applicable legislation, regulations and best practice.
To find out more about your rights please contact our office as set out below.
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s office. Further details about how to complain can be found here.
We keep this Notice under regular review. This Notice was last updated in November 2022. Contacting us If you would like any further information or have any queries, problems or complaints relating to this Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us: Platform, c/o Oxford House, Derbyshire Street, Bethnal Green, London, E2 6HG 020 7749 1109